Sunday, August 21, 2005

Update for Kendo people

Have two competitions lined up.
September 25(Sun): Local individual comp for Nakano-ku district
October 10(Mon - Sports day public holiday): Team comp for IT industry. Will represent my company in a mixed team of gaijin. Stuart invited me to participate. I explained to my manager "I will lose, but it will be a good opportunity to meet other people in the industry". Anyway he gave the go ahead to represent the company.

I can basically train every day of the week. I've had a few loose invitations from police clubs, but haven't been training very much so far because of the Obon holiday over the past week.
I'm on training for work for the next three weeks so I should get to as much kendo practice as possible. Kobukan starts back tomorrow, with training Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have been invited to join a company club training on Saturday morning. Other than that there is training at the Shinjuku Sports centre on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights. Throw in the odd police dojo training and competition and you can see that the calendar gets pretty full. Why was I here again? I think I am supposed to be working or something. Damn.

Polish kendoka: Take a close look at the collage I put together of my apartment pics. You will notice one of your countrymen kendoka. Don't know how to spell his name. In katakana it's something like ラファウル

Will add more stuff at a later date, when the inspiration hits.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andoru said...

You're there to train mate! ;) All your money should go towards buying shinai and bogu for me when you come back to Aust!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Vivian Yung said...

Great to hear that you are settling down in Japan so quickly.

Good luck to the Gaijin team in your Sept competition. Have loads of fun.

1:55 PM  
Blogger an9ie said...

Hey hey,
Who would've thought that 1 post on KWF would qualify as "popular demand", eh? Good to hear more detailed reports about your high-flying lifestyle. Hope the ear gets better and you get to recuperate with lots of nubile young nurses around. Looking forward to hearing reports of cans of whup-ass being opened at your tournament.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Nipponkokujuen said...

Sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for your support. All is still going well here but I am very tired. Good thing we had a public holicay here today, and that we have another on Friday.

Peter

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home